MBBS in India
CHANCES OF GETTING MBBS ADMISSION IN INDIA?
- In India getting an MBBS seat is highly competitive.
- In 2017, 11.4 lakh students appeared for the NEET UG competitive exam.
- Since there are only approx. 41,000 seats available in the various Government or Private Medical Colleges across India, students have to repeat a year or pay donations to study at Private Medical Colleges.
- About 2-3% of students get to Study MBBS, which has created a shortage of Qualified Doctors in India.
- Government and Private Medical Colleges have to admit students on the Basis of the NEET score (since 2016)
- The shortage of seats in Government Colleges and high Tuition fee ( ₹ 75 Lacs) at Private Medical Colleges, has made it tough for students interested in studying MBBS.
MCI RULE CHANGES
- The MCI is considering changes in the Medical Licensing System, making it mandatory for students from Public & Private Medical Colleges in India to sit for an EXIT Examination.
- Hence students who study MBBS/ MD abroad will have to give the same exam as Indian medical Students.
- Foreign Medical Doctors, will have better knowledge,training and experience compared to the students from Private Medical Colleges in India.
MBBS / MD ABROAD
- The biggest benefit of MBBS abroad is you can study MBBS without any entrance examination.
- The Cost of MBBS abroad is less than the Private Medical Colleges in India (₹ 75 Lacs)
- Facilities like 3D Anatomage and Simulated Mannequin Stations, provide practical and in depth knowledge/ experience to students.
- USMLE and UK-PLAB exam options are open to students, as medical colleges abroad start preparing students for these competitive exams.
- Universities are recognised by the Medical Council of India- MCI, World Health Organisation (WHO) and Medical Councils of Israel, Ireland, Iran and Norway.
- Hostel and Indian food facilities are also available.
Why choose Philippines to study Medicine?
- English is the Medium of instruction
- MCI recognized and listed in WHO (World Health Organization)
- Affordable cost of education
- Ideal student to patient ratio
- Excellence hands-on practice
- 3-D Anatomage and Simulated Mannequin Stations
- Tropical climate with a disease pattern similar to India
- Follows American system of education
- Easy accessibility through several daily flights
What is the degree offered?
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), as per the American curriculum which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
How is MD different from MBBS?
- Both MBBS and MD are primary medical qualifications. Both MD and MBBS is the same but are recognized by different countries. (See ECFMG list of degrees recognized).
- MBBS is the British system of education
- MD is the American system of education.
What is the total duration of the course?
- 5 years and 4 months followed by one year of internship.
What is the eligibility for admission?
- 12th Grade or equivalent with a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects and pass in English. For a student from reserved category, minimum 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is sufficient.
Can I complete my internship in India?
- Yes. After undertaking the Screening Test and procuring the Provisional Registration of the MCI, you can complete your internship in India.
Can I practice in India on my return?
- Yes, only after the successful completion of Screening test and Internship, the student is eligible to register with the MCI and the State Medical Council and can practice in India.
Can I get a job in the Government hospitals or allied Medical Institutions in India?
- Yes, upon the registration with MCI/State Councils, the student is eligible for any Government job.
Can a student avail educational loan? If yes, what are the procedures?
- Yes, educational loans are available from all nationalized and scheduled banks. The students have to apply directly at the place of their permanent residence.
- EduOptions will assist the student by providing all necessary documents from the university.
Can a student take USMLE?
- Yes. Graduates from DMSF are eligible for appearing for USMLE.
Are there hostel facilities available in these Universities?
- Yes, separate hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls.
Will I as an Indian student be able to adjust to hostel facilities in the Philippines?
- Yes, separate and exclusive hostel facilities has been customized for Indian students with Indian cuisine.
What is the tuition fee for the entire course duration?
- The tuition fee for the course is Rs. 3, 25, 000 per annum.
Will there be exposure to real life cases?
- Yes, the curriculum for the fourth year involves compulsory clinical rotations which allow the students for hands-on practice in hospitals with 4000 beds.
Do I have to give any entrance exams before enrolling for the MD program?
- Yes, students have to appear for NMAT exams before enrolling in the MD Program.
My English is not fluent. How will I be able to cope in an English speaking country?
- Special arrangements are made for spoken English training and students from vernacular medium of instructions will also be able to cope in the Philippines.