Monday - Wednesday

8:00am - 11:00pm


8:00am - 12:00am


8:00am - 10:00pm


8:00am - 8:00pm


8:00am - 6:00pm

Primary Location: 1 Dundas Street West. Toronto Ontario. L4B 289

Higher Education System

  • Home  
  • Higher Education

To enter University for the first degree, a German domestic student requires to complete the Arbitur or advanced technical college entrance qualification given in the 13th year of education. International students wanting to study in Germany too must show similar qualifications.

Germany has broadly three types of educational institutions.

  1. Arts, Film & Music Advanced Colleges offer courses in the artistic subjects.

  2. Advanced Technical Colleges – that offer practical diplomas.

  3. Universities: this category encompasses.

 Type of Universities-

1)The Universities that offer higher degrees in every subject with a focus on research.

2)The Technical Universities (TUs) that offer practical approach degrees (upto Doctoral level in the science and technical subjects).

3)The Universities of Applied Science that offer upto master degrees similar to the Universities but with a industry-oriented practical approach. Thus, Internship semesters are an integral part of the curriculum.

Public Universities are state funded and charge little ( < 500 Euros) to no tuition fee.  The funding for Living expenses to be shown includes rent, food, insurance, transport & entertainment.

The amount being 8,640 Euros per year as required by the German Consulate in the form of a blocked account.

Language Proficiency:

International students may pursue higher education in Germany either in English or in German, though the English options are few compared to the German taught courses.

For this the following proficiency tests need to be given.

English Proficiency: IELTS , TOEFL or PTE.

German Proficiency: Different courses require different levels of language proficiency. It is best to refer to the requirements of the University the student wants to study in.